If you must travel in winter weather, inform a friend or relative of your proposed route and expected time of arrival.
Follow these safety rules if you become stranded in your car:
1. Make your car visible to rescuers by tying a brightly colored cloth to the antenna, raising the hood of the car (if it is not snowing), and turning on the inside overhead lights (when your engine is running).
2. Move anything you need from the trunk into the passenger area and stay with your car unless safety is no more than 100 yards away.
3. Keep your body warm by wrapping your entire body, including your head, in extra clothing, blankets, or newspapers and huddle with other people if you can.
4. Stay awake and stay moving so you will be less vulnerable to cold-related health problems. As you sit, keep moving your arms and legs to improve circulation and stay warmer.
5. Run the motor (and heater) for about 10 minutes per hour, opening one window slightly to let in air. Make sure that snow is not blocking the exhaust pipe to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
We hope these tips help keep you safe and healthy. Gunning Wildlife Removal & Pest Control provides affordable pest control and humane removal of wildlife from homes, businesses and properties. We serve Southwestern Ontario including Woodstock, London, Brantford, Kitchener, Waterloo, Stratford and surrounding areas.
Have a safe & warm Winter!