Here's some mousey info for you:
1. Mice can damage inside walls, chew wiring and insulation, shred paper, cardboard or clothing, chew baseboards, doors, window panes and cabinets!!
2. They begin to reproduce at 6-10 weeks of age with a gestation period of approximately 20 days. Mice can give birth to as many as 10 litters per year with 5-6 young per litter!!
3. Mice are generally nocturnal and are sensitive to bright lights. They have a superior sense of hearing, smell, taste and touch & can memorize the locations of food, pathways and obstacles.
4. Mice like to live in close proximity to humans relying on humans for food and shelter. They remain close to their nest and to a food source.
5. Mouse droppings are 1/4″ seed like. Their tracks are tiny 1/2″ prints with 4 toes on the front paw and 5 toes on the back paw.
6. Mice live in colonies, or family groups. Each colony establishes its own territory by urine and feces markings. Life expectancy of a mouse living in the wild is 5 – 6 months.
7. In ideal conditions a mouse can live up to 2 to 3 years – which means a lot of reproducing that you don’t want in your home or business & property!
Call Gunning Wildlife Removal & Pest Control for affordable solutions! We serve Woodstock, London, Brantford, Kitchener, Waterloo, Stratford and surrounding areas. Raccoon, squirrels, skunks, mice, rats, bird, bats, wasps, ants and more! Give us a call 519-421-2677 or text 289-987-0390