Stay safe and healthy by making sure homes and vehicles are in good working condition during the winter weather. Here are suggestions to prepare your home:
- Check the condition of your weather stripping, insulation and windows
- Make sure exterior water lines are insulated
- Ensure your heating system is clean, working properly, and ventilated to the outside
- Inspect and clean fireplaces and chimneys
- Test batteries monthly on your smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors and replace the batteries twice a year
- Have a safe alternate heating source and alternate fuels available.
- Prepare your Vehicle:
Service the radiator; Maintain antifreeze level; Check tire tread/replace tires with all-weather or snow tires; Keep gas tank full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines; Use a wintertime formula in your windshield washer; Prepare a winter emergency kit for your car with cell phone, portable charger, and extra batteries, blankets, food, water, booster cables, flares, tire pump, bag of sand/cat litter, compass, maps, flashlight, battery-powered radio, extra batteries, first-aid kit, plastic bags.
Gunning Wildlife Removal & Pest Control provides affordable pest control and humane removal of wildlife from homes, businesses and properties. We serve Woodstock, London, Brantford, Kitchener-Waterloo, Stratford and surrounding areas. Call 519-421-2677 or text 289-987-0390. For problem Raccoons, Squirrels, Mice, Rats and more – call us!